Here is the guide on how to delete, enable or block cookies and cache of any device for 2018 and 2019
In this guide I have included all the steps, described in detail, to be able to delete, delete, block, activate, enable, disable or want to do it with the cookies of any browser, whether PC or mobile. And by the way the cache too.
I will tell you how to access a specific cookie from this browser, how to delete it or how to block them in general.
These steps are for version 68.0.3440.106 of the Google Chrome browser, so they can vary depending on whether you have a different version of it. To know the version of your browser you must go to the 3 dots that are on the top right, then choose Help and finally Google Chrome Information.
Follow the steps described below:
- You must Customize and control Google Chromepincha by clicking on the personalization icon that appears at the top right (the 3 dots).
2. Now you have to click on Settings.
3. On the new page that appears you slide down and click on Advanced Settings.
4. Now go down a little more to the first box that is Privacy and Security.
5. Select the Content settings option (Control the information that websites can use and the content they can show you).
6. In the new window that appears the first of all options is Cookies, click on it.
7. In the next window you can block cookies according to your tastes.
8. In the last 3 options you can give Block, Delete on exit or Allow specific websites, if you prefer.
9. Remember that if you uncheck the option Allow sites to save and read cookie data, you will not be able to interact with almost any website and the first thing you will notice is that the cookie bar never goes away, even if you give it to accept, and that you are not allowing the page to keep your consent.
10. By clicking on the option View all cookies and all data on the website, a list of all the cookies you have in your browser is displayed, and you can see the amount of each one you have and who it is too. From there you can delete the ones you want or all directly.
11. If you don’t want to block cookies and just want to delete them you can do it in 2 ways:
• While on any page in your Google Chrome browser, you press on the computer keyboard the combination of CRTL + SHIFT⇑ + SUPR and you will go directly to a pop-up window where you can delete the browsing data you want, including cookies.
• You can also reach this pop-up window by following up to point 4 above but at point 5 you must choose the last option, which will be Clear browsing data, and it already takes you to the same pop-up window as in the previous option.
12. The deletion of the cache can be done from the same site where we choose to delete cookies.
I explain how to access the cookies in this browser so you can customize them as you wish, deleting or blocking according to your needs.
I’m going to do it on version 11.285.17134.0 Internet Explorer 11, if you have a different version, some things may not be exactly the same. To know the version of your browser you must go to the gear and then choose About Internet Explorer.
The steps to follow are those:
- First access Tools which is the gear icon from the top right.
2. Now select Internet Options.
3. In the pop-up window that appears, go to the Privacy tab.
4. Now you must click on the Advanced button in the Settings box.
5. Finally, in the pop-up window, you can configure the options for Accept, Block or Ask for origin cookies such as those of third parties.
6. If you only want to delete cookies, you have two options:
• from any window in the Internet Explorer browser, press on your computer keyboard the combination of CRTL + SHIFT⇑ + SUPR and it will appear in a pop-up window and in it you have the option to Delete the browsing history and one of the options that appear They are cookies.
• follow the first two steps before but in the third one choose the Content tab, then click on the Settings button in the AutoComplete section, and finally on the pop-up window that appears, click on the Delete Autocomplete history button … Now your are in the same popup window as before.
7. To clear the cache, in this last pop-up window that you get, you must check the box Temporary Internet files and website files, this way by clicking on Delete, you will have it done.
I am going to show you where the personalization menu of this browser’s cookies is, so that you can adapt them according to your preferences.
The version on which I am going to show you the steps is the 62.0 Firefox Quantum, if any of my options is not exactly the same as yours, it may be because you have other versions in your browser. To know the version you are using you must go to the 3 stripes icon from the top right, then at the bottom, select Help, and then to end down at all again About Firefox.
Now I indicate the exact steps you should take:
- You have to go to Open menu which is the icon of the 3 lines on the top right, as in all browsers.
2. Now select Options.
3. Next in the new tab, from the side menu choose Privacy & Security.
4. Now go down to the third section that is Cookies and site data.
5. Here you have all the options to manage the cookies of this browser. You can, through 3 buttons, Clear data …, Manage data …, set Exceptions … You can also check to Accept or Block cookies, and set them automatic erase date.
6. If you only want to delete cookies without blocking any, you can as usual in 2 ways:
• directly from the 3 buttons that I mentioned in step 6,
• Or, as in the other browsers, you press on your computer keyboard the combination of CRTL + SHIFT⇑ + SUPR and it will pop up to a window, in it unfolding in the little arrow Details you can select everything you want to clean, and of course one of Those options are cookies.
7. To clear the cache it is exactly from the same place where cookies are deleted.
Safari for Mac
Here I indicate how to get to the personalization screen for cookies on these devices.
The version on which I show you how to do it is Safari 5.1 OS X Lion, if something is different in your browser, it may be because we have different versions of browser.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- You must have Safariabierto and then you have to go to Preferences.
2. Once in this new screen choose Privacy.
3. There in the Block cookies section you can specify that Safari accept or not the cookies of the websites, or when you want it to. On that same screen you also have a Help button that explains in a simple way how to do it.
4. If what you want to see is that websites have saved cookies in your browser you simply have to click on Details when you are at point 2.
Android Internet Samsung
I will tell you where exactly you have to click to get to the screen where you can block cookies or delete both cookies and cache.
The version of the Samsung Internet app that I am going to guide you with is 7.4.00.70, if any point is not exactly the same, you know why it can be. To know the version of the app you must go to the 3 dots from the top right, then click on Settings and finally, on the new screen that appears to download down at all, and select About Samsung Internet.
Follow the steps that I explain below:
- Run the browser and click on the icon of the 3 dots found on the top right.
2. In the drop-down menu, select Settings.
3. In the new window that opens you must go to Privacy.
4. Now you can block them simply by deactivating the Accept cookies button.
5. On this screen if you select Delete browsing data, you will get another pop-up window from which you can select what you want to delete and one of those things, of course, are cookies.
6. The cache is cleared in this same place indicated in the previous point.
I am going to show you the steps that you must follow if you want to block cookies or, delete both cookies and cache.
I will guide you through the version of the Chrome app 69.0.3497.100, if something does not match at all it may be due to this. To know the version of the app you must go to the 3 dots from the top right, then click on Help and comments, in the new screen that appears you press again on the 3 dots from the top on the right, and finally , in the drop-down menu you have to choose the option Version information.
Now you must follow the following points:
- Run the browser and click on the 3 dots that are on the top right.
2. In the drop-down menu, you must choose Settings.
3. In the new window that opens, in the Advanced section you must go to Privacy.
4. A new window will open and you have to scroll down all the way to Delete browsing data.
5. Now another window opens in which you have 2 tabs, BASIC and ADVANCED.
6. In the BASICS tab you can check both the browsing history box, the cookie box and the cache box and then at the bottom click on CLEAR DATA. There is a dropdown where you can select the time interval that you want everything selected to be deleted.
7. In the other ADVANCED tab you have the same stop options broken down, to make a more separate selection if you prefer, it even tells you the quantities, elements and MB stored. You must select everything you want and click on CLEAR DATA at the bottom. Here you will also find a drop-down menu where you can choose the time interval you wish to remove from everything selected.
8. To block cookies on the same screen as in point 2, also in the Advanced section you must now click on Site Settings.
9. Now you select Cookies and in the new screen that appears you can already uncheck the boxes if you do not want to allow web pages to put cookies in your Chrome browser on your mobile.
It is quite easy to access the personalization screen and delete cookies on an iPhone (keep in mind that it could vary a bit depending on the iOS version of your mobile).
I indicate the exact steps you should take:
- You have to go to Settings and then choose Safari.
2. To not allow cookies you simply have to activate the Block all cookies tab.
3. On this same screen, if you want to delete cookies, cache and browsing history, simply click on Clear history and website data, which is at the bottom.
4. But if you prefer to simply delete cookies, maintaining the browsing history and cache you must follow this route Settings> Safari> Advanced> Website data and finally you must click on Delete all data.